Thursday, April 26, 2012

Polyvore Fantasyland: My Spring Recital Look

Next Friday, I'm giving a voice recital (*cue scary music and possibly some shrieks*). Since it's one of those rare occasions where I get to get all dolled up, I thought I'd share sort of what I'm wearing. I'll explain as we go along.
Spring Voice Recital

Spring Voice Recital by adorablenapalm featuring a shimmer blush

The dress is actually my dress. It's an Adrianna Papell that I think I may have possibly stolen from Belk, the sale was that ridiculous. It's hard to tell in this picture, but the bodice is covered in sequins and jewels. I feel a little like a mermaid in this dress, but in a good way. Oh--and that shawl is so not going around my neck. No, sir. Not no way, not no how.

Going clockwise, the necklace and earrings are not mine. The necklace I'm wearing is vintage, courtesy of my grandma, but this is extraordinarily close. My earrings are also vintage from my Aunt Joy. They're crystal drops with gold filigree, so these are similar enough for Polyvore purposes, anyway.

Next is NARS blush in Super Orgasm (sorry, Mom!). I'm actually having my makeup done for the performance, but if I were to do my own, and if money were no object (hence, the Polyvore fantasy), this is the blush I would choose from all the blushes in creation. One day, I will own this, and I will own it. Basically, it's the same as the regular NARS cult fave, but with extra sparkles, and honestly, who couldn't use a little extra sparkle in their life?

Again, these are not my shoes. My shoes are a pair I've owned forever and a day. If I'm going to stand for an hour, I'm going to be comfortable. However, were comfort not a factor, and I had all the money in the world, these Steve Madden beauties would be gracing my tootsies.

My nails will be painted...some color...that I already own, probably. This is just one that I thought would really compliment the outfit, and a lot better than anything rolling around in my nail bag.

Okay! These actually are the lashes I plan to wear next Friday! I ordered them from Hautelook during their last Urban Decay sale, and they should finally make it to my doorstep today! I'll let you know if they're really that gorgeous in person.

Last, but not least, is the eyeshadow I would wear, were I doing my own makeup. Technically, I do own this. Technically. It's coming to me from Hautelook, as well, and hasn't shipped, yet. I highly doubt it'll be here for Friday. That said, the crystallized colors perfectly capture the easy-going, slightly bohemian look I'm going for. Yes, this is a recital of classical music, but who on Earth said it had to be stuffy?!

If you're interested in any of the above products, see below,or visit my Polyvore page and click on what you like. Thanks!

Necklace
$25 - rubylane.com

Crochet jewelry
$46 - en-gb.boticca.com

NARS Cosmetics shimmer blush
$28 - sephora.com

Urban Decay red carpet makeup
$15 - sephora.com

Opi nail
$8.50 - beautystoredepot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...