Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Already? July Favorites

Well, another month has flown by. My brother starts high school in a couple of weeks, and there are only 69 more days until Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Seriously, where has this year gone?

Anyway, old lady moment aside, here are the products I gravitated toward the most this month. I normally try to choose two items for each category, but this month, I had some clear favorites that blew everything else out of contention. I hope you enjoy!

Eyes
Benefit Creaseless Cream Eye Shadow in Sippin' and Dippin'
I know, I picked this last month, but you know what? It's still awesome. In addition to being a pretty color on its own, it works really well as an eye shadow base. The golden peach shows nicely through bronze shades.

Stila Eye Shadow in Sparkle
Speaking of bronze shades, this is my favorite to layer over the Benefit. It's not glittery, but just shimmery enough to catch the light, and looks fantastic sheered over the lid. Also makes a nice, subtle crease color.


Lips
Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait
I just posted about this the other day, and I can not get enough of this color. I won't bore you with my ravings again. Just go get one.


Face
Rimmel Stay Matte Shine Control Pressed Powder in Transparent
I know I've mentioned this product a bajillion times on here. I keep one in my personal stash and one in my film kit. It is the best setting powder I've ever used. I've tried Urban Decay, Bare Minerals, MAC, Clinique...you name it, and keep coming back to this drugstore pick.

Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray
There is a post coming on this, but here's the short of it: it's supposed to keep makeup from melting off, and it actually does. The end.


Nails
China Glaze in Rainbow
I've really been impressed with China Glaze. I'd never tried them before the Hunger Games polishes came out, and now I can't get enough! This color is an iridescent pink opal that lasts for ages, even without a top coat. Perfect for lazy bones like me.


Body
Ahava Velvet Cream Body Wash in Hibiscus and Fig
This came in my Glossybox, and I've really enjoyed it. I'm seriously thinking of repurchasing when I run out. A travel-size (like I have now) is only $7 at Ulta. That's definitely reasonable.

Satin Care Shave Gel with a Touch of Olay
I've been looking for a good shaving cream ever since my favorite Soap & Glory disappeared, then reappeared at a much higher price. This is it. It's moisturizing, doesn't goop up on the razor, and keeps down nicks and cuts. It's a keeper, and only a few dollars at the drugstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...