Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Not Just For Air-Conditioners and Prom Dresses Anymore

I am a firm believer in duct tape. I've used it to spike stages, hold up green screens, re-attach a co-star's head (sorry, Herbie), replace a suitcase wheel (that one took some doing), create the form for a dummy...pretty much anything you could think of. I've also seen my share of duct tape fashions. Heck, the folks at Duck Duct Tape host a contest every year to see who has the best duct tape Prom attire, and let me just say, those kids go all out, and come up with some extremely creative entries. Unfortunately, most of the duct tape accessories I've seen floating around the web have been a little...well, bland. Cute, but kind of plain. Then, this showed up on my Facebook feed:
Photo Credit (This and All): Kenzie Tapia
That is decidedly not bland. Here's a close-up of the flower detail, along with the inner pocket and lining:



This cutie was made by Kenzie Tapia, an artist and dance teacher. I love her choice of colors, and the floral touch sends this purse from crafty to couture. It's just darling, and the second I saw it, I knew I had to share it with you guys. Here's my other favorite, the matching ruffled wallet:


Squee!! Those little ruffles are so sweet, and the duct tape gives them an almost leather-like appearance. Of course, it's fully functional, with pockets for cards and a cash compartment.


If you are interested in seeing more of Kenzie's work and maybe picking up an item or two, please check out her Facebook page. Also, if you guys know of any independent artists that you would like to see featured on Adorable Napalm, please let me know. We're all in this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...