Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The 100th Post!!

That's right, folks!  We have hit the 100th post!  Cake for everyone!!  Well, that is, everyone who happens to already have cake with them, as I, quite unfortunately, do not have any cake at hand, nor any hopes of procuring or distributing said cake.  So, I suppose that should read, "Cake for everyone who already has cake!!"  Well, now I'm thoroughly depressed.  Thanks, 100th post.  Thanks a lot.

In other news, it looks like Google is trying to give us an early Christmas present by revamping the Shopping portion of the search engine.  You'll now be able to search for products in your immediate area (yay!).  Also, in addition to the brand and color options, you'll be able to search by "popular products" and "aisles".  "Popular products" will allow you to search for an item and see similar items that other online shoppers have viewed.  "Aisles" will allow you to search related sub-categories.  For instance, if you search for a television set, the sub-categories could divide the results into LCD or Plasma sets.  All in all, it's a welcome change for this online shopper. 

So, the magic bag o' samples has made a brief comeback.  While emptying out yet another box (I may never get fully unpacked), I ran across a sample of Dior Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Toilette ($62-$82, Sephora) and figured I'd give it a shot.  Here's what Sephora has to say about it:
A dazzling spring floral interpretation of the classic Miss Dior Chérie, this fragrance opens with a lilting fruity note for a fresh and joyful first impression. The heart's floral bouquet evokes the sense of a garden full of flowers. An elegant, signature base note completes the captivating essence. Notes:  Freesia, Jasmine, Orange Blossom, Popcorn, Vanilla, Caramel, Patchouli. 
I spritzed it on this morning, and was immediately hit with an overpowering sense of familiarity.  I had definitely smelled this fragrance before, but where?  It's lovely.  Very soft, with a creamy citrus feel.  Where had I smelled this?  It started to drive me a little batty.  Granted, it's a short drive, but still...

Suddenly, it dawned on me.  It's almost the exact same scent as my all-time favorite body wash!  Soap & Glory Clean On Me.  $9.99, Target.  Sadly--nay, tragically--this brand is no longer available at Target, which means that it's no longer available in the States at all.  Period.  You can't get it.  The company is planning to offer the products again in a more beauty-oriented shop, but that hasn't happened yet, and no store has been named. 

I'm distraught.  I mostly used mine as a shaving lotion, and it's the best I've ever used.  Zero nicks, tons of moisture, huge container, and it never clogged up the blade.  Plus, this amazing scent.  I even bought the body butter and body spray to go with it.  Heck, I gave the stuff away as bridesmaid's gifts when I got married!  (Travel sizes in cute frosted pink chinese take out boxes filled with pink shredded paper made for precious bachelorette party gifts.  I added in a Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush lipgloss, too.  Cute as pie.) 

Anyway, I have totally gotten off the subject.  Sorry about that.  The mind wanders on me occasionally (read:  constantly).  Basically, what I'm saying is that this Dior scent is gorgeous.  It's perfect for everyday, in that it's light and breezy, with tons of citrus.  It's also great for evening and special occasions because of the warm vanilla notes and the patchouli.  I'm also saying that a less expensive clone exists, and it comes in many forms.  If you can find Soap & Glory, or hear of where it might be re-released, grab what you can and please share with the rest of the class.  In the meantime, I guess I'll just have to settle for the Dior.  There are worse things, I suppose. 

2 comments:

  1. happy 100! :)

    ooh, the dior sounds amazing as a substitute for the soap & glory (which was fabulous, by the way). 'course, these days it's been completely impossible to pry me away from the love spell. it's gotten rave reviews lately, which is surprising given that it's been my go-to for a decade or more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Spell should come with a warning label. It's dangerous, and I mean that in a good way. :) I keep some on my dresser at all times.

    ReplyDelete

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...