Monday, December 3, 2012

November Favorites

It's December? When did that happen? Well, I guess that means it's time for November Favorites. Enjoy!

Eyes:
Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Silver Spoon
I got this as a Sephora freebie (and a darn nice one! It's full-sized!), and it works beautifully as a base for silvery eye shadows. The shadows stick better and the colors really pop. It's also gorgeous on its own, with a very metallic, almost wet-look finish. It's a showstopper. Unfortunately, the only place I can find it now is Amazon, so grab it while you can. I've given mine a workout this season!

Urban Decay Eye Shadow in Verve
This is one of those silvery shadows that looks phenomenal over the Benefit, and this color combination has become a go-to for me this month. Verve is an oyster color, and can be found individually, in Naked 2, and also in the Rollergirl palette.

Lips:
Buxom Big & Healthy Lipstick in Bombay
I've had this one for a while, but recently rediscovered it. Now, I don't know why I haven't been wearing it more! The Buxom lipsticks are true multi-taskers, working as liner, long-wearing color, and plumper. Alone, their almost matte, but can be worn under a gloss and still retain excellent staying power. Bombay is a warm rose.

MAC Lipstick in Shy Girl
It's an oldie but a goodie! Shy Girl is a creamy coral nude beige creamsheen, and makes a great nude lip color for pale chickies like me. It does have a pinky-orange cast, so I recommend it for use with rose golds and peaches.

Face:
NARS Blush in Super Orgasm
Maybe it's just me, but this seems slightly pinker than the original version of the cult favorite. I normally don't wear this one, seeing as it's a glitterbomb on your cheeks. However, it's the holiday season, and if you can't wear glitter now, then when can you?! I've been dusting it on all month, and it just makes me feel all holly and jolly on the inside.

Benefit Watts Up
When wearing a glitterbomb on your cheeks, you kind of have to take it easy on the highlighter. This just leaves a beautiful champagne sheen that doesn't overpower your look.

Nails:
Urban Decay in Fame
Why, oh why don't I appreciate things when they're readily available? This is a stunning pinky-gold taupe that looks fabulous with chunky sweaters and all things Fall. The formula is smooth and easy to work with, and the finish is a semi-opaque (you can still see a little nail through it) satin. It's long-wearing and chip-resistent, and available on Amazon. Good luck!

Sephora by O.P.I. in Looks Like Rain Dear
I was torn between this and the Zoya Daul, but Looks Like Rain Dear wins out for versatility. You can wear it alone, as an accent nail, or even as part of a funky French manicure, if you're into that sort of thing.  

Hair:
Ion Daily Solutions Dry Shampoo
When I renewed my Sally Club Card, I got to try a free Ion product, so I chose this one. I've been looking for a good dry shampoo for ages, and thought there was no better time to try one than when I didn't have to actually pay for it. This works pretty darn well. It volumizes, reduces oil, and smells fresh. It does leave a slight white cast, but that brushes out easily, so don't freak out when you see it.

Bumble & Bumble Prep
I spray this on individual sections as I hot roll, and it really helps extend the life of the curl without adding extra weight. I hate when my hairspray stiffens my curls, and this practically eliminates the need for spray. It's pricey, but worth it for special occasions. Also, if you already have products in your hair, you can spray this on to reactivate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...