Friday, December 21, 2012

Easy and Festive Christmas Day Style

Gah! This is my last post before Christmas! How has it gotten here so quickly?! I swear, last week, I was trying to duct tape Thomas into his Halloween costume (he was Batman, and it's a really long story). Well, time waits for no man, so, barring disaster (or apocalypse), here is, quite literally, what I plan on wearing Christmas Day. I leave it here as inspiration for anyone still trying to piece together something cute for all of those early morning present-unwrapping pictures. Just don't ask me what I'm wearing Christmas Eve...I'm open to suggestions...

*Not Pictured: Industrial-strength coffee. I'll be coming off of Midnight Mass and a 3AM bedtime. Coffee will be my best friend all day long.




Easy and Festive Christmas Day Style

Easy and Festive Christmas Day Style by adorablenapalm featuring a buxom mascara


I'm starting with a sparkly sequinned tank under a Barbie-pink off-the-shoulder sweater. Only the straps and bottom edge of the tank will show, so I won't look like I'm headed to the club instead of to see what Santa brought me. The tank will, however, cover bra straps and add enough glitter to be festive and make up for my intentional lack of jewelry. I tend to lose earring backs when I'm sleepy. The jeans are dark boot-cuts with a ton of stretch. This is extremely important, not only as a fashion choice, but also because I'm going to end up sitting on the floor for most of the morning, and I can cross my legs in these. The tank and jeans came from Express, and the store is (at publication) running a 40% off sale. Otherwise, I wouldn't be wearing them. The sweater is from Victoria's Secret. The shoes pictured are not the shoes I'm going to wear, because they're over a year old and from Ross. The Internet has forgotten about them completely. These are pretty dadgum close, though, and only $23.

For hair, I'm going with a cute, messy top-knot, courtesy of too much Christmas Eve hairspray and hot-rolling, and these Goody spirals. No, I have no intention of getting up at 6AM to wash and dry my hair on three hours sleep. Not. Happening.

Makeup's really simple, too. Start with a powder foundation (I really like LORAC's Evening Out, but it can make me look oily if I dont touch it up regularly. Luckily, the packaging was designed for just that purpose). Eyes require Urban Decay's Midnight Cowboy 24/7 Shadow Pencil on the lid, and Naked 2 from the Naked Basics palette in the crease and under the lower lash line. Crave can be used as an upper lash liner. Buxom Lash mascara finishes off the eyes. Cheeks are courtesy of the Tarte Blush & Bronze On the Go set, which includes travel sizes (full-sizes shown above and linked below, FYI) of the Amazonian Clay blush in Dollface (baby pink) and bronzer in Park Avenue Princess (very light bronze with shimmer). The blush leaves a very natural flush, while the bronzer works best as a bronze-y highlighter. You get a little color and a little shimmer; just enough to knock the chill off of Winter skin. Lastly, pop a pretty pink gloss, like Buxom's Big & Healthy Lip Polish in Trixie, over lips for a shiny, sparkly smile.

Have a wonderful Christmas! May your wishes come true, and your memories be full of the magic and love of the season.

Victoria s Secret striped sweater
victoriassecret.com



Sequin tank top
express.com



Short jeans
express.com



Rocket dog flat
$23 - newlook.com



Tarte
tartecosmetics.com



Tarte
tartecosmetics.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...