Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Marvelous Marketing

Well, I am still completely and totally, miserably sick.  Thank God for reruns of Las Vegas and Supernatural, as I've yet to figure out how to work the PS3 as a DVD player.  (Don't laugh!  I thought I had it worked out, and then they changed the controls on me!)

So, I've taken a break from fussing over (and cussing at) the controller to do a little surfing.  (Please forgive me if anything in this post is incoherent.  I have a fever, and am on TONS of lovely medications.)  In my computer play-time, I came across this post showing off the adorable poster campaign for Toy Story 3's Oscar bid.

The marketing team behind the campaign went with the idea to compare the computer-animated flick to past live-action Oscar winners.  Not a bad idea, since a nomination would pit the toon against live-action movies, anyway.  This way, they not only address the elephant in the room, but embrace it.

The posters are precious, and there are a few I wouldn't mind hanging in my living room.  What do you guys think?  Let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. haha - those are super-cute!

    i should also point out that the title of this post cracked me up, as i once worked at a store called "marvelous market" up here in the metro area. rotten job, but good food...

    ReplyDelete

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...