Thursday, December 23, 2010

At Least He Didn't Get Stuck In Pac-Man

Last weekend, Thomas took me to see TRON: Legacy.  Now, at first, I was about as excited to go to this movie as I was my last dental appointment.  I'd tried watching the original, but gave up after about thirty minutes.  In addition, the reviews I'd read didn't help matters.  However, I love my husband, so I figured I'd give it a go.  If nothing else, I still owed him for Nine (Thomas, if you're reading this, I am so, so, so very sorry for that waste of time). 

Anyhoo, the movie ended up being really enjoyable.  It was worlds better than I expected, and reaffirmed my stance that Jeff Bridges makes anything better.  I thought that the plot, while a bit predictable and a lot darker than I'd anticipated, was easy to follow and engaging.  The actors were fine (Michael Sheen, I love you), and made even the most stilted dialogue seem meaningful.  Most of all, the special effects (which is why anyone's even going to this movie, anyway, if we're honest with ourselves) were phenomenal.  Hands down, the most visually stunning movie I've seen in a while (I'm looking at you, Avatar). 

Now, the folks at Disney are no dummies, and seeing a cool marketing opportunity, teamed up with folks at Hurley to design a line of body-conscious, occasionally glow-in-the-dark, TRON-inspired fashions.  Here, you can choose from a range of styles (and level of TRON brand recognition).  There's everything from basic t-shirts (I'm a fan of this v-neck number) to faux-leather trimmed hoodies and skinny jeans.  There's even a long-sleeved black mini-dress with day-glo electric blue piping, for that hard-core "on the grid" look.  Prices range from $25-$65, which is pretty affordable for quality movie merchandise.  What do you guys think of the TRON look?  Wearable or not?  Let me know in the comments.

Okay, folks!  That's it until after Christmas!  Have a happy holiday, and I'll be back on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...