Thursday, December 9, 2010

Where Can I Find a Sweater in That Color?

When I got up this morning, the temperature was 24 degrees.  That's 24 degrees Farenheit, in the heart of the deep, semi-tropical South.  My heart bleeds for the rest of the country right now.  I jumped out of bed, shivered over to the closet, and ransacked my "Winter" clothes storage box (we wear sweaters about two hours out of the year down here) until I found something that could almost be construed as warm-ish, then cranked up the heat and got ready for work. 

So, you can imagine my...delight(?) to come across this morning's announcement that Pantone has selected its top colors for Spring '11.  Um...there is snow falling upstate.  My Christmas cards haven't even gone out, yet.  I realize that designers need to know this information to plan next season's collections, but as far as the rest of us are concerned, isn't this jumping the gun a bit?  Right now, I'm more concerned with piling as many clothes on as possible now, and worrying about Spring after the first of the year.  Then again, this is a world where Christmas decorations go up before Halloween, so I guess this announcement is just following the norm.

In any case, the colors for this year are:

#10:  Silver Cloud


#9:    Lavendar


#8:    Blue Curacao


#7:    Regatta


#6:    Russett


#5:    Silver Peony


#4:    Beeswax


#3:    Peapod


#2:    Coral Rose


And the #1 color for Spring '11 is.....(drumroll, please).......

HONEYSUCKLE!

All Swatches Courtesy of Pantone




So, there you have it, folks.  Those are the colors to wear this Easter.  Now, if you want to jump the gun a little bit yourself this Christmas, I might be able to help you out. 

M.A.C. Cosmetics has lipstick, lipglass, eyeshadow, blush, and nailpolish all in shades comparable to Honeysuckle (or, as I like to call it, hot pink).  Unfortuately, I can't seem to get any swatches to show up in Blogger, so you'll have to settle for names and descriptions.  Sorry about that.

Lipstick:  Pink Nouveau (bright pink satin), $14.50
Tinted Lipglass:  Pink Poodle (pink fuchsia with pinky-gold shimmer), $14.50
Eyeshadow:  Passionate (real mid-tone red matte), $14.50
Powder Blush:  Pink Swoon (clearly pink sheertone), 18.50
Nail Lacquer:  Steamy (hot and steamy pink cream), $13.00

All items available at maccosmetics.com.

2 comments:

  1. is it me, or does that color - while gorgeous - not look a damn sight like a honeysuckle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. When I was growing up, all the honeysuckles we had in the backyard were white. Oh well, maybe I'm not girly enough to know any better. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...