Friday, March 29, 2013

Hmmm...Pinteresting...

I pin a lot. And every now and then, I actually go back and look at what I've pinned, and think, "Wow! That was a good idea! I should do that!" And sometimes, I do. These are some pins that I pinned and actually did. Sometimes they work really well, and sometimes...well, a little tweaking couldn't hurt.

Photo Credit
This is an incredible idea, and I bet someone with any sort of carpentry skills could throw it together in no time. I have no carpentry skills. Thomas has an electric drill, but that's about as far as it goes. I did, however, find a really inexpensive ($10!) pre-made version at Bed Bath & Beyond. I'm "installing" (read: dropping it inside the drawer) tonight. 

Photo Credit

My mom and I took this idea and simplified it even more. We took the kinds of greens we liked, some cherry tomatoes, cheese, and croutons, and layered them in Ziploc bags. Then we rolled the bags, squeezing out the air as we went. They keep for about a week, and all you have to do is dump the contents into a bowl and add dressing. Voila! Single-serve salad! (We add the dressing last, to keep from getting the croutons any soggier than necessary). 

Photo Credit

I don't know who pinned this originally, but I think I hate them. Not because it doesn't work--oh, no! It works alright!--but because it's rendering my single-serve salads moot!! Good Lord, this thing is amazing, and super quick. I can throw one together during a commercial break. I don't add the ice cream, and I'm picking up some baking Truvia, so maybe I won't feel quite so guilty from now on.

Seriously, it's amazing.

And so very dangerous.

Have any of you tried out your pins? Let me know how they turned out by leaving a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...