Monday, November 8, 2010

Lord, Grant Me Serenity (Or At Least a Comic)

To quote Garfield, "I hate Mondays." It's been a crazy busy day, so please forgive my shorter than usual post. Between Charlee duty (babysitting my li'l brother's adorable-beyond-belief, yet super-hyper terrier puppy), anything that could go wrong going wrong at work, and a dozen or so errands, this post has been put off and put off. I am so very sorry. Still, I am also so very busy, so let's get to it, shall we?

If you happen to not be busy today, or just need a little pick-me-up, USA Today is running an exclusive, limited-time Serenity comic. The first half ran today, and the second-half will be in tomorrow's issue.

For those of you not familiar with Serenity, it was a movie based on a very (ridiculously) short-lived but brilliant television series by Buffy creator, Joss Whedon. It was a steampunk-laden look into the future that paralleled the exploration and civilization of planets with that of the pioneers on the Oregon trail. In other words, you might still die of dyssentary, but it'll be in a spaceship, not a wagon. It's the Old West meets Star Trek, with a raggamuffin league of theives, a prostitute, and, just for fun, a preacher, and honestly, it's some of the most fun you can have watching television. It was canceled during it's only season, but fan-demand brought about a DVD collection and the film. If you haven't seen either, do yourself a favor and give 'em a shot.

The comic was written by the creator's brother, Zack Wheadon, and has the crew of the spaceship Serenity stranded in a snowstorm. In other words, they have a little downtime on their hands. I'm sure they'll think of something to keep occupied.

In other news, I have officially hit the two-week mark, and have seen absolutely zero progress from the L'Oreal Collagen Filler. Zilch. Zip. Nada. I'll keep on trucking with it until I run out, but I picked up some Lumene Time Freeze serum. It's supposed to help with the wrinkles you have and prevent new ones from forming. We'll see. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...