Thursday, November 11, 2010

I Have Completely and Totally Lost My Mind

I'm a klutz.  Klutz, with a capital K.  Last night, while trying to reach my acid reflux medicine (because I'm old and falling apart), I fell off the step-stool I was on (because I'm also short) and sprained my foot.  Yay. 

It's nearing the Holidays, and I refuse to put on a ton of weight.  At the same time, I also refuse to turn down homemade Tiramisu, Red Velvet Cake, or Sweet Potato Casserole.  As I'm apparently not going to stop eating, I'm trying to start exercising more.  Unfortunately, my little accident has put the kibosh on that.  I can't do my usual walking, start that yoga video I was thinking about watching (that counts, right?), or play any Wii Tennis or Boxing (those count, too, right?  My arm still hurts from Bowling).  I'd say I was up the proverbial creek, but that'd be okay.  Paddling's one of the few physical activities I can do!

Granted, this is only a temporary setback, but it got me thinking about things I could still do with a hurt foot.  Pushups!  I can do knee pushups!  See, a couple of years ago, right after my wedding, I decided I was going to lose some serious weight.  I'd put on a ton due to a (minor, but we didn't know what it was for a long time) illness, and nothing was working to take it off.  I'd tried Slim-Fast, dance classes, going to the gym--you name it!  Nothing helped.  Finally, I found a site called One Hundred Pushups.  Over the course of seven weeks, you gradually build up the number of consecutive pushups you can do, until you reach 100.  The pushup works, well, pretty much everything, and it gave me a solid goal to work toward.  This, combined with a low-calorie diet, resulted in my losing thirteen pounds in just a couple of months.  No, I never made it to 100, but I made it back to a size 6, so I called it a victory.

I'm not trying to lose that much weight this time, but a couple of inches off my waist and slightly toner arms would be nice.  With that, I'm issuing a challenge to myself:  Complete the 100 Pushup program, and document (dear God, I must be insane) the progress as I go along.  Who's with me?  Please don't make me do this alone!!

As inspiration, I'm going to put these ladies on my refrigerator.  These are some fantastic renderings by deviantART user JosephB222.  They're what happens when Disney goes to the Dark Side.



Photo Credit: josephb222.deviantart.com
 

2 comments:

  1. 100 pushups - damn. that's impressive to even contemplate. i thought about starting the couch to 5K program, but that's just not happening until the semester is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nice thing is you only have to do a few day. You start at your comfort level and work up. It takes about 10 minutes a day, three times a week, and I don't have to go to the gym. :)

    ReplyDelete

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...