Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's Enough To Make Your Head...Bobble

So, things have been a little crazy around the Smith household.  Thankfully, it's been the good kind of crazy.  To start with, Thomas got a phone call over the weekend.  Now, he has this anno--er, endearing and utterly adorable habit of not picking up the phone if he doesn't recognize the number.  He figures if it's important, they'll leave a message.  In his defense, he does get a lot of wrong numbers, and they generally come around 2am, from drunk people looking for someone we don't know.

Anyway, in this case, it was important, and they did leave a message.  It was a representative from *distribution company*, who had seen the trailer for our indie flick, The Night Shift, and was interested in seeing a screener when one was available.  Yay!  Interest!  That actually makes three (I think) companies that want to see the film, so there's some hope, yet!

Of course, the film's not done, yet.  It's close.  I mean close, but there are still a few effects to cut in, the score to finish mixing in, and about a day of color correction touch-ups to go.  The champagne's chilling in the fridge, but we can't pop the cork just yet.  Until it's finished, there's no screener to send out, and until there is, Thomas and I are both nervous wrecks.

Then, yesterday I got an email from the Church gift shop that stocks my CD.  They sold out, and actually want more!  Again, yay!  So, I rushed and ordered those, so they should arrive in a few weeks.  (The album is also available on Amazon, on CD or for download.  There's a link on the right sidebar, near a picture of the album cover.  You know, in case anyone's interested...*innocent humming*)

Plus, I completely forgot that Valentine's Day was around the corner.  Between Christmas and Anniversary, V-Day totally slipped my mind until Thomas informed me he'd ordered my present.  Awww!  So, I've spent the day looking for something for him.  I think he'll love what I found, but in my search, I ran across this (no, Thomas, you're not getting one.  Sorry):
Photo Credit:  Entertainment Earth
CUSTOM BOBBLE HEADS!  OH MY GOD!  You pick the body, skin, hair, and eye color, then send them two pictures of the subject (face and profile).  Then, in about eight weeks, you get your very own personalized bobble head!  For $99, it was a little more than I wanted to go for V-Day, but I wouldn't call it unreasonable.  I can totally see Thomas' head on Superman's body, and it's a little bit awesome.  To order, call 1-800-370-2320.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...