Friday, January 14, 2011

Great Rack You Got There

This morning, I laid out the most beautiful steaks to cook for dinner tonight. As I have mentioned, I'm a horrible cook, but these were too pretty to pass up. As I was setting the frozen beauties on the counter, I thought, "oh, a nice glass of wine would be fabulous with these!" Then, I looked over to the wine rack in the corner of the dining room, and noticed that it was completely and totally empty. The horror!

Okay, so there's actually no horror. It stays empty. It's the cutest little wine bottle-shaped metal wine rack, and I think it's held a grand total of two bottles of wine in the three years we've had it. I have a tendency to just transfer the bottles from the bag straight into the fridge. Oops. However, there was nothing in the fridge, so I had no choice but to hope that the wine fairy might have left a bottle in the rack. No such luck.

Not a problem. I live across the street from a big box store with a grocery section, so I drove 30 seconds, picked up a bottle (no, I won't tell you what because it doesn't technically go with steak, and it's embarrassing. Let's just leave it with the fact that I don't like red wine. At all), got carded (yay!), and went back home. Then, I shoved the bottle in the fridge. *Sigh* When will I learn? Next time, I'll pick up two bottles, so one has to go in the rack. Seriously, there is nothing sadder than an empty wine rack.

Of course, if I had this wine rack, I doubt I'd have any problem keeping it filled, if only to have a reason to play with it! RFID technology (method of automatic indentification, using tags or transponders to remotely store and retrieve data) organizes your bottles with ambience-enhancing color-coded lights. Plus, your collection can be accessed and monitored from your computer, even if it's kept in an off-property location, like a storage locker.
Photo Credit: geeksugar
So, for the past month or so, I've been giving Olay Total Effects Daily Moisturizer a whirl. I liked the stuff I'd been using, but ran out and couldn't find any more, so the switch was necessary, but with reluctance. Now, I'm nearing the end of the bottle, and have to decide whether to continue with this, or see about finding something else.

As of right now, I'm planning to continue with this, and I'll tell you why: It works. Plain and simple. There's a reason the brand has been around for ages.

When I started using this, I had deep creases beginning to form on my forehead and chest. I tried wrinkle filler (spackle)--a joke. I tried a serum, and it may have lightened the creases, or it may have just diffused the light around the area. I really couldn't tell you for sure. In any case, it wasn't enough of a difference to document. This morning, after several weeks of using the Olay, I noticed that my forehead wrinkles were significantly lighter. They're still there, but I don't feel like I have to wear my bangs "just so" to cover them. I also had to actually search to try to find the wrinkles on my chest. These were deep enough that I tried filler on them, folks, and now I can't find them. If that's not proof, I don't know what is.

Yes, this stuff is heavy, and yes, the perfume smell is a little much (though, it does come unscented, now), but you know what, I can deal with it if it reverses damage to this extent. If you're on the hunt for wrinkle relief, this is one worth trying. $18.99, Target.

1 comment:

  1. Poot! That's false advertising!! All of this talk about racks... and it's the OTHER kind of rack... however, that is a GREAT looking rack up there... :oD

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...