Friday, August 19, 2011

Doctor Who: Vampire Slayer

This weekend, a remake of one of my favorite 80s movies hits the screen. I didn't see the original Fright Night until I was grown (okay, so like, two, maybe three years ago), but I immediately fell in love with the story of a goofy kid who enlists a washed-up horror host (remember those?) to help him battle the fearsome vampire that just moved in next door. It was silly, sweet, and just scary enough.

Now, normally, I'm not one for wanting to fix unbroken things, but this remake has me interested for a number of reasons: 1) Anton Yelchin is an enormously talented actor, and just as cute as a little bug. 2) Colin Farrell as a sexy vampire. 'Nuff said. 3) David Tennant.

That third reason should actually be number one. Fellow Who fans will recognize Tennant as the incredibly popular Tenth Doctor. He has an enormous dramatic range, spanning from slapstick comedy (see: Casanova) all the way to tragic intensity (the RSC's Hamlet), so I'm really excited to see what he does with the updated role of the horror host--a cheesy, Criss Angel-esque, Vegas magician.

Honestly, I have no clue if this movie is going to be any good, or not. Thus far, reviews have been awesome, but until I see it, I can't give you a fair assessment. However, because I'm really super-excited, and because it's Friday and I feel like being silly, I'm going to link you to a cute essay on how to kill a vampire. Then, I'm going to let Mr. Tennant tell you how it's done.

*Warning! This movie is rated R. Please bear that in mind while viewing this clip.*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...