Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Extra, Extra! Read All About It!

Photo Credit: Sephora
BREAKING NEWS! This was totally not what I was planning to post today, but hey, that's life. As of today, Soap & Glory is once again available in the US! 

The adorable Brit skincare line launched online at Sephora.com in the wee hours of the morning, and will be in stores come September. The citrus-scented cult fave left its sparsely stocked Target shelves last Fall, much to the chagrin of its loyal followers. Of course, along with its shop status, prices have increased, and not insignificantly. There seems to be about a five-dollar uptick (give or take) across the board. 

I'm a little sad. This is a brand that's near and dear to my heart. As I said in an earlier post, I gifted some of these items to my bridesmaids when I got married. I trusted only this brand of facial cleansing wipes when I was filming The Night Shift and had to have clear, pretty skin. "Clean on Me" is not only the best body wash I've ever used, but also the smoothest shaving cream never to clog my razor. So, it's not that the line isn't worth the extra cost, it's just that the original point of the brand (which I can no longer find written anywhere...) was to be affordable, and now, that idea seems to have gone out the window. Basically, what I'm saying is that, while I'm thrilled to see this back in the States, I was fine paying Target prices and bringing home a plastic Target bag. I don't have--nor does anyone else I know-- the extra money to shell out, solely, for gift wrapping and a label. Maybe, if I'm really good and eat all my vegetables, Santa will see fit to put some face wipes and body wash in my stocking. 

In other news, my above mentioned movie, The Night Shift, has found a fabulous distributor, and will be available on DVD in the US and Canada (I'm sorry, everyone else) on October 25th! In fact, if you pre-order on Amazon (there's a link on the sidebar, too), there's an option to possibly have it delivered on that day, so you might even have your copy in time for Halloween! Now, I know you're all going to hop right over and order yours immediately, right. Right? 

Lastly, but not least: Hi, Tempest.

Have a great Wednesday!!


1 comment:

  1. grrrr... stupid demand driving costs up...

    so, so, SO excited about the movie!

    ReplyDelete

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...