Friday, August 5, 2011

I Swear, I've Never Done This Before!

A little while back, I gave you all the heads up on a nifty little doo-dad over at Too Faced: custom palettes for half-price (roughly the same price as one of the three included items). That was a fantastic deal, and I'm completely in love with mine, but alas, all good things must come to an end, and the custom palettes are no more. However, all the items that went into the palette are still available, and they're pretty darn awesome, so I thought I'd share with you a quick review of each.

Photo Credit (This and All): Too Faced
First up, the eyeshadow duo that came with my palette was Totally Toasted. The right side of the duo is a pink-tinged beige, while the left is a rosy brown. I love this eyeshadow. It's creamy, but not so soft that it breaks when you look at it funny (I'm looking at you, Stila), and pearly without being too glittery. The lighter color completely brightens your eye area, too, while the crease color adds just enough definition to be polished without screaming "I'm wearing makeup!!" They also blend together like magic. I've been pairing mine with a black liner pen on the top lashes, a smoky gray shadow liner on bottom, and black mascara on top lashes only. It's a little mod, and a little pin-up-y at the same time. Currently, Totally Toasted is out of stock, but that seems to be a temporary situation. If you're desperate for a substitute, though, Sexpresso & Peach Fuzz (sorry, Mom) seems to be the next closest duo. $17.00, Too Faced. 10 out of 10.

Next up, the brightening blush in Pinch My Petals Pink. Now, I'm more of a warm-toned girl; between the auburn hair and green eyes, I didn't have much choice in the matter. However, sometimes you just need to wear pink blush, especially when you're as into pink as I seem to have gotten in my advanced age. (Seriously, my pink phase has just happened over the past couple of years. What happened? I mean, I've always liked pink, but this has gotten out of hand...anyway...) It's just never been my best blush choice. I've tried everything from baby pink to fuchsia, to no avail. This blush, for some reason, works. It's pink--there's no doubt--but it's very subtle, with a hint of warmth, and it's just lovely. It also glides on silky-smooth, and looks very natural. This is a keeper. $20.00, Too Faced. 10 out of 10.

Lastly, the Mirror Mirror lipgloss in I Love Myself. First off, let me just say that I adore the names of these glosses. Each one is a little ego boost. My next purchase may have to be "D*mn, I'm Hot", just because it'll make me giggle pulling it out of my purse. This gloss is hot pink in the container, but goes on sheer with just a hint of rosy color. Now, they weren't kidding when they called it Mirror Mirror; this stuff is vinyl-like in its shininess! Thing is, though, it's not even slightly sticky, feels moisturizing, and lasts for a good long time. Again, pink isn't the easiest color for me to wear, but this is extremely flattering. Bonus points for smelling and tasting like pink grapefruit. My only gripe: the deluxe sample they sent me isn't nearly big enough! I'm going to actually have to buy the full-sized. $14.40, Too Faced. 10 out of 10.

And that, ladies and gents, is a first. I've never--NEVER--given a palette all 10s before. It's a Festivus Miracle!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...