Monday, November 21, 2011

It's the Holidays, and We're All In Misery

Ah, the holidays! That lovely time of year for being with the ones you love, feasting on all of your favorite foods, parties for hosting, marshmallows for toasting, and cleaning until having your fingers actually fall off could be seen as a blessing. That last part is how I spent the first half of my day.

You see, I really want to spend this weekend decorating for Christmas. In order to do that, the house has to be somewhat livable, and after today, I have no more opportunities to even straighten up before Saturday. It was do or die, so I did. Now, I'm so tired I could die.

I hand scrubbed floors, deep cleaned the carpets, did the toilets, the tub; vacuumed, dusted, and magic erased everything in sight. If the parakeet had stood still long enough, I'd probably have febreezed her, too. In the words of Zelda Rubinstein, "this house is clean."

My skin hurts now. I mean, we're talking chapped hands and screaming fingernails, and my overall point in this post. Holidays require work, and it can take its toll. Wanna not be miserable? I've got another survival guide for you that should help. After all, all the makeup in the world can't make up for unhappy skin.

1. Smith's Rosebud Salve in a Tube. $6, Sephora. Angry cuticles, painfully chapped lips, or (in a pinch) a ring that refuses to budge after too much salt, this cosmetic equivalent of duct tape'll fix you right up.

2. Philosophy Great Skin Is In. $65, Sephora. You have to keep your skin clean, moisturized, and happy, and the best way to do that is with a daily routine that's easy to follow and gives results. This set has your cleanser, anti-aging treatment, and moisturizer all in one neat package.

3. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. $12-$28, Sephora. I blogged about this last year, but it really should be a staple in your medicine cabinet. Razor burn, weather (or cleanser) chapped hands, or rough heels, from your forehead to your toes, this non-greasy moisturizer can make it all better.

4. Bath and Body Works Shea Infused Lounge Socks. $7.50, Bath and Body Works. Soften feet and are toasty warm. Sometimes, you just need to relax a bit to feel good as new. Happy holidays, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...