Thursday, November 17, 2011

Frugal Friday: I Will Survive (the Holidays)!

We're doing Frugal Friday a day early this week, in the hopes that I can post the gift guide tomorrow (with pictures!), and also because you'll want to check this out as early as possible: Sephora is previewing their $10 Black Friday exclusives on their Facebook page TOMORROW! Beauty Junkies, start your engines!

Now, I have no earthly idea what will be on sale, but I do know that the imminent holiday season means parties, events, and tons of those God-forsaken atrocities known as candid photos. Dear Lord, I hate those things. In other words, it's Christmas, so get your game face on. Literally.

To help, I've put together a list of some must-have items for your holiday survival kit. After all, it's much easier to deal with crazy family and crazier crowds if you don't have to worry about looking like you just escaped the crazy farm.

1. Benefit That Gal. I know I've preached the wonders of this before, but it's just so awesome that I'm going to keep preaching. This is a luminizing primer-and a darn good one, at that-BUT you can also pat it OVER makeup to add a subtle glow and a little extra smudge-proofing. $29, Sephora.

2. Benefit Boi-ing. This bills itself as industrial strength concealer, and, boy, is it ever! Dab a little on with a finger or brush, and you're set. True story: my husband noticed when I switched to this. Really. $19, Sephora.

3. Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden. Yes, we've discussed this before, but, again, it bears mentioning. This comes in several colors, but my all-time pick is Eden because matte ivory is always appropriate. You can layer shadow over it, use it as a shadow, or even layer UNDER concealer for a little extra coverage. It's beyond must-have. $19, Sephora.

4. Urban Decay Lip Junkie in Midnight Cowboy. This is a nude, sparkle-filled gloss that looks like vinyl and feels like butter. Mild plumpers perfect your pout, while the minty flavor freshens your breath. Keep it in your purse to always look polished. $19, Sephora.

5. Couture Color Pequi Oil. A few drops of this tames flyaways and adds shine. Another great product to keep in the purse. $12, Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...