Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cheap Tricks: E.L.F. Mineral Lipgloss

I'm redecorating. Thomas and I have tons of art deco style movie posters around our townhouse, and I'm planning to take the ones that go best together and decorate our downstairs bathroom with them. Actually, we're hoping to move soon, so I'll probably end up waiting until the move to actually do this. In the meantime, I get to browse through all the pretty shiny mirrored and chrome goodies I can find. I also get to spend a good chunk of my disposable income on said pretty shiny mirrored and chrome goodies, which means I have to scale back on other things.

With that, I bring you a new segment I like to call Cheap Tricks. From time to time, I'll highlight something super cute and super affordable. Think of it as a little low-end luxury.

Photo by E.L.F. Cosmetics
Today's featured product is E.L.F. Mineral Lipgloss in Trophy Wife. eyeslipsface.com, $3. Now, if you look through my makeup case, you'll find dozens of lipglosses: MAC, Smashbox, Philosophy, Kat Von D, Prescriptives, Urban Decay, etc.; and amid all the fancy schmancy department store and high end tubes, a bunch ( and I mean, a bunch) of E.L.F. glosses. I have almost every shade they make, and Trophy Wife is, by far, my favorite. It's a clear gloss with a light golden sheen, so you can wear it by itself and still have a little glow, or you can wear it over your favorite lipstick for a little extra oomph.

The Good: Completely non-sticky. You could wear this in a freaking hurricane, and your hair would not stick to it. As someone who has long hair and lives in a hurricane-prone area, this is very important. There's a subtle shimmer, but no huge chunks of glitter to make it too teeny-boppery. The packaging looks very expensive. I actually had to check the label on the bottom of one tube to see if it was MAC or E.L.F. Most importantly, this stuff feels fantastic on. It's very moisturizing and silky to the touch. There's also no harsh fragrance or flavor, and all colors are sheer. All in all, good kissin' gloss.

Photo by E.L.F. Cosmetics
The Bad: It's not long-lasting, so you have to reapply often. Also, if you purchase a different color of this gloss, bear in mind that the color on the computer and the color in the tube vary slightly, and the color in the tube is going to be much brighter than the color on your lips.

Final Verdict: Non-sticky, silky, moisturizing gloss in a gorgeous, versatile color. For $3 a pop, you can't beat it with a stick. 8 out of 10.

Now, back to deco-rating! I'll let you guys know if I find anything cool, and keep you posted on the room's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...