Friday, July 2, 2010

Please Come In! Glad You Could Make It.

Hi! My name's Erin, and I'd like to thank you for stopping by my brand-new, fresh from the wrapper blog. For a while now, I've been writing a blog for the site Paranormal Pop Culture, all about the making of the indie action-adventure-comedy zombie film, The Night Shift (there are way more descriptors for that movie, but you have to cut-off somewhere). I have had the best time writing that blog, and plan to continue writing all about the indie filmmaking process until the nice people that run that site forcibly remove my fingers from the keyboard. That said, the movie has wrapped filming, so it's really just a matter of time before my blog has to sign off, and that saddens me.

I've always enjoyed writing, and blogging has been a wonderful outlet, and a great way to work on my skills as a writer and storyteller. I decided it was something I needed to keep up, however, my personal interests tend to run to the shiny and sparkly moreso than the gory and grotesque. Don't get me wrong--I love my cute little candy-colored Night Shift zombies, and Shaun of the Dead is a personal favorite of mine. Heck, I'm most of the way through the four-hour documentary of Nightmare on Elm Street, but generally speaking, I'm a girly girl from way back. My mother loves to joke that my favorite color is glitter, and she's not far off.

Adorable Napalm is the term I used to describe a couple of friends of mine who are so precious together it'll practically make your head explode. With this in mind, I thought I'd try my hand at writing a beauty and fashion blog, but one with, let's call it, a wide range of interests. Sure, we can talk tips and tricks for making eyeshadow stay or hair de-frizz. We can talk about the newest clothing trends and where to find affordable versions. We can also talk about zombies, ewoks and Doctor Who. That'd be just fine with me. Afterall, you'd be surprised how adorable pop culture can be.

For example, this is so cute it makes my teeth hurt. From FUNKO, Plush Wolfman. $12.99, available October 2010.

Photo by Entertainment Earth


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...