Tuesday, July 6, 2010

McClane Vs. Kirk


Photo by Urban Collector
 My husband (who is by no means a girly girl) emailed me this afternoon to tell me that Bruce Willis has a new cologne coming out, with the oh-so creative name, Bruce Willis). I'm taking this as a not too subtle hint as to what to get the dear boy for his birthday. Supposedly, this is "the manliest scent in the world" (which, of course, only makes me think of the most interesting man in the world, but I digress).

I'm curious, though, as to whether the Die Hard star's cologne is "manlier" than, say, Captain Kirk's cologne. Which scent would win in a fight? I mean, Shirtless Kirk cologne says to "Set Phasers to Stunning", but Bruce Willis' says, "Smart Guys Live Forever".


Photo by Sephora
 I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Red Shirt is the manliest. Granted, I've never smelled any of these--okay, that's not completely true. I smelled all the Star Trek colognes at Comic-Con last year, but I can't remember any of them. Not a reflection on the scent, it was just a ridiculous week, and my mind was fried by that point. I'm basing this opinion strictly on the tag line: "Because Tomorrow May Never Come". This is a live for the moment, never say die fragrance for the man who wants to sieze the day. What could be manlier than that?

However, if you want a real recommendation for a men's fragrance, I have to go with Jean Paul Gualtier's Le Male. It's scented with wormwood, bergamont, cardamom, lavendar, orange blossom, cinnamon, cumin, wood, musk, amber, vanilla, and tonka bean. The only word I have to describe it is "yummy". The bottle's adorable, too--a blue, stylized sailor's shirt. It's priced from $42-$78 at Sephora.

Now, if Bruce Campbell ever comes out with a fragrance of his own (that isn't Old Spice), all bets are off.


Photo from Warming Glow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...