Monday, July 19, 2010

Vacation!

Thomas and I ran away from home. Between work, the movie, work, maintenance issues with the apartment, work--oh, and did I mention work--we had a choice. We could either tape our eyelids to our cheeks to stop the twitching, or we could get the heck out of Dodge. We hit up Hotwire, packed up the car, and drove to Atlanta for the weekend.

First off, Hotwire is made of awesome. Our hotel room was normally $355 a night. There is no way on God's green Earth we could ever pay $355 a night for a hotel room. Ever. Period. You say $355 and I start totaling up bills and gasoline. If I had that kind of money, I still wouldn't pay it for a hotel room. We got out for a fraction of that. Hotwire is the greatest.

The hotel was fabulous. It had two shower heads in the bathroom, smelled like my husband's cologne (yummy), and actually had decaf Starbucks in the room. I only drink decaf. I don't know how they knew!

Secondly, Atlanta has wonderful shopping. I used to live in New York, and one of my absolute favorite places to go was Filene's Basement. When I moved, I didn't think I'd have too many more opportunities to rifle through their many racks of lovely, off-priced designer clothing. ATLANTA HAS ONE!!! I may have to move there.

So, here's one of my happy finds from Filene's. Would that I'd had many more hours to dig.

Photo by 80stees

You can't order things online from Filene's, but I found this shirt at 80stees.com for $20.

We also took a little trip to the Puppet Museum to check out the Jim Henson exhibit, and I highly recommend it if you're planning a trip to the area. Tons of stuff from Labyrinth, Fraggle Rock, Sesame Street, the Muppet Show, and much more. I was a breath away from Kermit. Seriously, I may have to move to Atlanta.

On the way out (through the gift shop, of course), I fell in love with a t-shirt. Unfortunately, all the shirts were slightly chocolate covered. I guess that's a hazard of field trips and tiny fingers. All was not lost, though. I found it here for $26.
Photo by Old Glory
More to come from the shopping vacation! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...